How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got told that The longer I wait the worse it will look on

Resolved Question:

I got told that The longer I wait the worse it will look on me for filing for visitation. It has been 2 years and no visitation has been established with my daughter and I am going to file very soon my question is i have documentation that shows that i lost a job due to the market down turn and had to retrain for another one. IF i can show the judge that my main concern was getting a job and getting child support established and making timely payments and getting health care for my daughter will that soften the blow in family court
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Yes that will help show that you did not abandon your child for the last 2 years. Of course if you at least called or sent gifts every once in a while that would be even better.
legaleagle and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions