How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I m afraid of my wife. Shes threatened me and the baby and

This answer was rated:

I"m afraid of my wife. She's threatened me and the baby and behaving crazy. Last night I caught her trying to put visine in my food. I want to go to my mother's in another state can I leave with my son? I can't leave my son alone with her

If no divorce has been filed, you are free to go wherever you desire with your child. However, if your wife files for divorce, she could quite likely have you ordered to bring the child back to Texas. While the court couldn't order YOU to return, it could certainly order the child returned. The reason for this is that federal legislation requires any child custody matters to be litigated in the state in which the child has established residency. Here, that would be Texas.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you