How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I live in Illinois. My husband and I are divorcing.

This answer was rated:

Hello I live in Illinois. My husband and I are divorcing. We have 2 children together, boys ages 2 and 7. And I have a 14 year old girl from a previous marriage. My husband has not lived in our home since November 2008. The home is in both of our names however through the divorce it will be mine and the mortgage company is aware that he no longer resides there. Because of some previous actions and the way he's begun to treat my daughter he is no longer allowed in the house. However I would let him come by and see the boys after school while I was at work. He was supposed to either stay on the front porch or take them around the corner to McDonalds or etc. I was recently informed by my children that he'd been walking past them and telling them to shut up and not tell me. My daughter was afraid to tell me or contact the police. My 7 year old told me. I have previously been contacted by the Bellmont Fire Dept. because he was suspected in a fire that burned down his girlfriends house and tried to use me as an alibi though we were not togther and did not we have plans to meet. Then The day after I tell him that he can no longer come to my house when I am not home or the neighbors will contact the police. I get a call from the Hillside Police Dept. Telling me that they found pictures on a cell phone of his of what appeared to be a young girl hog tied. I dont know what he's into but I do not trust him!!! According to our custody agreement we are supposed to alternate weekends with our sons. However I have no plans on giving him my children. Can I file an order of protection against him for his entering my home and scaring my daughter? What can I do to protect my children from him??

You need to file a motion to terminate his visitation rights based on his actions, and also for a restraining order against your daughter.


My suggestion is that you have an attorney file this on your behalf so it can be done quickly and correctly. You don't want to try it yourself, refuse visitation, and let him file a contempt charge against you for not allowing him to see the kids.

Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much! I will do just what you said. I feel much better now.
Great. Glad to help!