Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
My wife and I have been in talks to adopt a baby that will
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
second opinion] Hi, my wife and I have been in talks to adopt a baby that will be born Nov.7th, 2018 in Pierre SOUTH Dakota. The mother to be broke probation and is now in jail. I was told by another … read more
I am asking for a 22yo friend who is separated from her
Sean K
Sean K, Attorney/Member
I am asking for a 22yo friend who is separated from her husband. He has not only seen their 1yo son about 4 times for aprox 20 min each visit since 8/4. She let his mother have the baby for the weeken… read more
I have a question about divorce and a criminal case. I went
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones, Juris Doctorate
I have a question about divorce and a criminal case. I went to court yesterday with my husband for his criminal case (2 domestic abuse battery 2 simple battery) I was not served but had knowledge of t… read more
If the marriage happened in CT and the wife got pregnant in
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
If the marriage happened in CT and the wife got pregnant in CT and she decides to leave before she has the baby, now she has delivered the baby and is living in SC for 3 months and she wants a legal s… read more
My daughter and her husband were married five years when
Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
My daughter and her husband were married five years when they separated in December of 2015, their child was 21 months old, her husband moved out and moved in with his new girlfriend, my daughter stay… read more
My spouse and I are seeking a divorce in GA. We have been
Ray, Lawyer
My spouse and I are seeking a divorce in GA. We have been mutually separated (not by court order) and have not resided with each other since Nov 2011. We both have other relationships and I am current… read more
We moved to PA because husband got a job there. I had to
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
We moved to PA because husband got a job there. I had to reduce my hours and go part time and also give up a coaching job to move to PA. We also bought a house with in PA. My name is ***** ***** house… read more
If a spouse leaves me pregnant, is he required by law to
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
If a spouse leaves me pregnant, is he required by law to still cover my health insurance? IS it illegal to not cover health insurance? I'm a stay at home mom and have been married 15 years.… read more
Can I file criminal charges against my spouse who left me while
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
Can I file criminal charges against my spouse who left me while I was pregnant and intentionally got pregnant on clomid. Got pregnant 3 times in 6 months. At the time he was a resident in the family m… read more
I filed for divorce from my wife, I found out after filing
Loren, family lawyer
I filed for divorce from my wife, I found out after filing she was pregnant with another mans baby, and she admitted this, am I responsible for the medical bills and do I have to wait until the baby i… read more
My husband had an extramarital affair and the other woman became
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
My husband had an extramarital affair and the other woman became pregnant. He wasn't sure if he was the father so he avoided her until she emailed him that she was hurt and disappointed. She wanted hi… read more
I am a military army wife in Temple, TX separated from my husband.
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
I am a military army wife in Temple, TX separated from my husband. My husband abandoned me shortly after we found out I was pregnant because he did not want the responsibility of being married anymore… read more
Dec 8th my husband called my work and told my boss to tell
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Dec 8th my husband called my work and told my boss to tell me to not come home. So I got off at 7pm and went to go get my baby from sitter's house then I was going to head to a friend's house for a da… read more
My husband and I have been separated (living apart, no legal
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My husband and I have been separated (living apart, no legal papers signed) for just over two years (we live in NY). We have a 3yr old daughter together, and I have a 10 year old daughter from a previ… read more
How long do I have to keep my soon-to-be ex-wife on my health
AttyNiamh
AttyNiamh, Attorney and Counselor at Law
How long do I have to keep my soon-to-be ex-wife on my health insurance? We were married July 2008 and I filed for divorce May 2009. We unsuccessfully tried to work things out to save the marriage and… read more
husband abandoned pregnant wife. Is he responsible for paying
Phillips Esq., Attorney
husband abandoned pregnant wife. Is he responsible for paying hospital bill when baby is born? Also is he responsible for any bills upto that time. I have been told that unable to file for divorce til… read more
My wife recently left me. She is pregnant with our first and
OnPointLegal
OnPointLegal, J.D.
My wife recently left me. She is pregnant with our first and only child. She does not work but is a registered nurse. Her and the unborn child are covered under my medical insurance. My wife is curren… read more
In a divorce situation, if the wife becomes pregnant ...
Ray, Lawyer
In a divorce situation, if the wife becomes pregnant by a man other than her husband, can that affect the outcome of the case?… read more