Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

hi I wanted to know when you get divorced if woman takes the

hi I wanted to know when you get divorced if woman takes the child with her and doesn't want any child support ...after the child is let's say 20 years old can the woman come and ask for the child support for all those years?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Matters involving child custody and child support are addressed in the final decree of dissolution of marriage. If the divorce is entered stating that no child support will be payable, neither party can later file an action to recover past-due child support