How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi I wanted to know when you get divorced if woman takes the

Resolved Question:

hi I wanted to know when you get divorced if woman takes the child with her and doesn't want any child support ...after the child is let's say 20 years old can the woman come and ask for the child support for all those years?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Matters involving child custody and child support are addressed in the final decree of dissolution of marriage. If the divorce is entered stating that no child support will be payable, neither party can later file an action to recover past-due child support
Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you