How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34516
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dad is 89 y/o that had a stroke last month. I am the Trustee

Resolved Question:

My Dad is 89 y/o that had a stroke last month. I am the Trustee for the estate and trust fund. He is married and has been for 15 yrs. She wants to ship him off to Hood River OR and I am not going to let that happen. He owns his home in which she resides. She doesn't want him there because she doesn't want to care for him any longer.

Is there any Oregon law that would prevent his kids from taking him home?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 years ago.
Is he capable of expressing his own wishes? Does anyone have his healthcare power of attorney?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No one has PoA only a HealthCare Directive and he has expressed his desire to go home

Expert:  Loren replied 7 years ago.
If he can express his wishes, he is free to go with his children if that is his desire. There is no law that says he can not go with you.
Loren and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you