Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

On a divorce settlement that was final in April 2010 the judge

On a divorce settlement that was final in April 2010 the judge signed off on the wrong date. She signed the date as april 2009. What recourse do I have as to the validity of the document and can settlement be delayed because of the error.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Have you contacted the court yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO , i HAVE NOT CONTACTED THE COURT
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
What I would recommend doing is to first contact the court and ask to speak with the COURT CLERK. Explain the situation. This was obviously human error. Then send a fresh copy of the divorce decree. The clerk will slip it to the Judge to re-sign in proper date.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”