How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are recently separated. He wants to sell

Resolved Question:

My husband and I are recently separated. He wants to sell an $80,000.00 vehicle and donate it all to charity. Since we acquired the vehicle after we were married and the title is in his name only am I entitled to 1/2 of it? How do I protect our assets for our children's future?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.

In what state do you live?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Unless there is a court order stating differently your husband can sell the car. So if you are seeking a share in the car sale as marital property then you must first file for a divorce seeking division of marital property. In Florida, all property acquired and income earned during the marriage is considered marital property and subject to "equitable distribution." Equitable does not necessarily mean equal, although 50-50 is the norm.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you