How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37850
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

New York State, my husband is being reassessed for child support

This answer was rated:

New York State, my husband is being reassessed for child support as his one son has been emancipated and now he has one son left to support. I make a significantly higher income than he does. Is there any way that my income can be considered or will this strictly be based off of his income? Our attorney stated that she "didn't think so", but I thought there was no way this could happen.



I am assuming that you are his current wife and he is attempting to lower his payments...


With that said, the only income that can go into any child support calculation is the incomes of the two biological parents. Any spouses of either do not have any legal obligation to provide support for their non-biological children and therefore their incomes are not able to be taken into consideration in the child support calculation.







If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" BUTTON NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional, and are greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

Barrister and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you