How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amber E. Your Own Question
Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1482
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Amber E. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what are the steps I need to take to correct a mistake made

This answer was rated:

what are the steps I need to take to correct a mistake made for child support?
What is the nature of the mistake? Is it inaccurate income information or something along those lines, or is it a clerical error (such as the misspelling of a name)?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have 35% custody but when the divorce was finalized they only put 25% so I am over paying for child support. I verified my schedule with one of the experts and she said 35% is the time I have with my kids.
You may file a "motion to modify" the child support order on the basis of the mistake made in calculating the obligation. However, before you do that, contact the county clerk of court where the order was rendered and see if you may still file a "motion for reconsideration". Courts differ in the time allowed to file for reconsideration, but it may be possible if the order was only recently rendered.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what if it's not posible? and if it is possible will they them selves veriefy the time with the document provided showing the time granted to me? and what other information may they ask for if any?

If it is not possible, then you would file the motion to modify. They won't verify anything themselves, as they are only complying with the court order. The court, however, may modify its order based upon this information that you would submit to the court showing the mistake along with your motion.
Amber E. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions