How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 16 year old step-son wants to move from his mothers home

Resolved Question:

My 16 year old step-son wants to move from his mother's home into his dad's. Dads home is ~5 miles from moms home, however, dad lives in a neighboring town, same state. Mom is refusing to allow her son to move in with dad. Can dad hire an attorney for his son to change his redisdence and move? We are in Missouri.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



yes. if there is a court order currently in place giving custody to the Mom, then the Dad needs to file for a Modification. he can get the documents from the clerk of the court, if he feels he would like to try it without an attorney


he also can request that court hear from the son in chambers as to his desires. the court will take what the son wants into consideration when making a decision


the Dad needs to be prepared to show that he can provide a good and solid home environment for his son.


Samuel II and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you