How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

grandparent has been taking care of 3 grandsons for 5 years..the

Customer Question

grandparent has been taking care of 3 grandsons for 5 years..the mother just file for custody, they all went to court, she didnt have documentation, court rescheduled for the hearing...the grandfather and the grandsons and their father was prepared for the date of the hearing, however, the mother had the date changed to an earlier hearing date, they were not notified of the date change and the mother got them by default....what kind of recourse does the father and grandfather have if they cannot afford an attorney...she did not have an attorney either... arent the courts suppose to notify the parties of the date change?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



well, you need to go into the court house and see how the service on the notice to change the hearing was "returned" to determine if she lied about service being properly made.


if it is returned as served or unable to serve, then you need to show that you have not moved and were never served that notice. and you can request a hearing on that fact and that will start the process for you to have another hearing on the custody issue


you can contact the TX Bar Association for possible help with a pro bono attorney

here is that contact information



Edited by Samuel-II on 7/1/2010 at 4:34 PM EST

Related Family Law Questions