How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Your Own Question
DCrane, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Experienced practitioner.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
DCrane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was divorced august 6 2009 i am in kuwait and was making

Customer Question

i was divorced august 6 2009 i am in kuwait and was making good money i volentary paid 3000 spousal support to help my ex go to college to make it better for my daughter and 2000 for child support my hour s now have been cut and the pay and up lifts here have cut and my pay is now less per month than what im suppose to pay i need to know what i can do to get the amount reduced
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DCrane replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, is there a court order of spousal support?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was an agreed amount and put into the decree I now have a new wife here and she is having my child in august
Expert:  DCrane replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX active duty military?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im medically retired disabled from injuries incured on active duty 80% disabled im a civilian contractor now
Expert:  DCrane replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to retain Texas counsel to file a motion to modify the support in light of your change in income and circumstance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was aware of that the other issue is the agreed opon amount of 3000 for her and 2000 for my daughted i was told that because of the agreement the amount could not be changed and if it could what is the percent she is actually entitled to?
Expert:  DCrane replied 7 years ago.

Hello, the $3000 for her can be modified, the child support obligation is less likely to be modified. The percent that your wife is actually entitled to depends on the circumstances of your marriage.How long was your marriage?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we were married for 9 years for the last 4 i was in kuwait and iraq
Expert:  DCrane replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to qualify for spousal maintenance in Texas, you must have been convicted of family violence within 2 years of the date of the filing of divorce. Otherwise, she has no entitled to spousal support in Texas.
DCrane and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
darling thank you so much for your help thats beautiful i am much ablidged if you know of any good lawyers in texas pleas pass the names to me