How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Annulment of the marriage with US citizen I am non-USA citizen

Resolved Question:

Annulment of the marriage with US citizen:
I am non-USA citizen and married to US citizen 2 years ago, soon after the marriage in Nevada state I left the country for being in poor health and undertreated by the husband. Now I am seeking for the annulment of the divorce as it can no longer be pursued as the real one cause we lived separate for 2 years and never met again ever since. I have no intention for the property or funds of the husband. Question: how do I make it by being in the other country and what documents\procedures do I need to come through?
P.S. in my country I am still considered to be not married due to the marriage has never been registered here.
Thanks a lot!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

You will need to retain legal counsel in Nevada to annul your marriage since you are not currently in the country and will not be able to appear in court.

Grounds for annulment include bigamy, legally incapacity to marry based upon age or mental illness, intent to defraud some other person, business, or government agency or failure to consummate the marriage.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, but the question is what documents will I need to file? My husband agrees to fill in the annulment form so he'll take care of the filing the papers. My concern, what documents\papers are necessary to be filed if any apart from the letter for annulment divorce on my side? Any proofs for the court that I really had reasons, anything else? Should those documents to be notarized here in my home country?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
Here are the documents that are required to file for annulment:
Packet 27 --

Here the documents that are required to respond to a petition for annulment:
Packet 30 --

good luck
Ellen and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you