How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41522
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandchild lives with me in Arizona 4-5 days a week. Both

Resolved Question:

My grandchild lives with me in Arizona 4-5 days a week. Both parents share legal custody. The mother (my daughter) is out of state and is about to be deployed. My granddaughter (6) reports father is drinking during visitation, and drinking/driving, or drinking/passing out at home. I have a medical POA for child. Custody orders say father not to drink while with child. No "proof" father drinks with child. Also, no money for attorney but not low income. What can I do? What can I file as pro per?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You can hand draft your own motion to modify.There will be no ready made forms here.Get copy of prior orders here to attach to your motion.Ask that the custody orders be modified here to give you legal custody.Don't worry about being perfect.These get filed under same cause here in same court because that court has continuing jurisdiction to hear modification of custody.Copy other parties here by certified mail and the judge sets it for hearing here.
RayAnswers and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Since action was between mother and father, and I have never appeared, do I need to file a motion to allow appearance? (Simultaneously?) Since court will likely still grant father visitation, what kind of remedies can I ask for to make sure granddaughter is safe during visitation? Besides alcohol testing, what else?

Related Family Law Questions