How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to get a divorce in the state of California, I

Customer Question

I am trying to get a divorce in the state of California, I already file and now I have to serve my husband, my question is do I have to file something else to get full custody of our children??? or will the court grant me full custody once he signs the divorce pettiotion??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I am going to send you to the California self help website with all the forms and a full explanation of what you need to do. You will have to have him served by a process server and then file the certificate of service with the court. Each court has a family law facilitator and I think that you really need to make an appointment and go in and talk to them. What you are trying to do is difficult without the assistance of an attorney. Here is the website and you need to spend three of four hours studying the process. Then after you have done the research and if my answer is acceptable I can respond to any specific questions that you may have.

Related Family Law Questions