How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If parents have had their children taken away by CPS, do they

Resolved Question:

If parents have had their children taken away by CPS, do they have the right in Washington to say who can and cannot see their children? As grandparents, do we have the right to have the children visit us in our home? We have passed the fingerprint test and home test with CPS.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Once parental rights are taken away or terminated, the parents no longer have any say in who can or cannot see their children. At this point CPS becomes the lawful guardian, or a different family member if the children are transfered by CPS to someone else.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 7/1/2010 at 6:22 AM EST
Dimitry K., Esq. and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The guardium-ad-lidem says if any of the accusations should come true that they could be sued by the father. They want to meet alone with the father and have him tell all his concerns and see what he says. The problelm is that he is a pathalogical liar and will continue to lie to them. I will be talking to the guardium-ad-lidem tomorrow and I will get all her concerns then. The father is a big trouble maker with CPS and they seem to be afraid of him because he has an attorney and he has tried to make trouble with them before. I guess I need to know how are they covered. When I find out the accusations I will know more what other questions I need to answer.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Than you for your follow-up. I am not sure I understand the question--what exactly do you mean?