How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know what can happen under AZ laws I have

Customer Question

I would like to know what can happen under AZ laws
I have a 2 yr old son and his birth cert. shows blank under father's name & info
I am a single mother and have no job
I have an ex who wants to be in his life so if I do a acknowledment of paternity what happens?
can he take my son away under any circumstances?
what are his rights?
what are my rights?
what if biological father shows up?
what happens how can I change the last name to the bio father last name if other name is XXXXX XXXXX?
Do I have to go through court? why? is it very expensive process?
What are my rights?
Thank you so much for your reply as I can't sleep because I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You have asked a lot of questions but only offered the price for one. Your ex can do an acknowledgment of paternity. Then he will be responsible for child support and also have the rights to visitation and also an equal right to custody. You cannot change the child's name without a court order. The biological father can demand a DNA test until the child is 18. He will then also have the responsibility of child support and the right of visitation. Each legal parent has equal rights.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not wish to be charged because there was no answer to my question.

I wanted specific questions answered and did not happened.
I am not asking what should I do so I am 0% satisfied. I am sorry but I feel I should not be charged
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Sorry that you were not satisfied. I will notify customer service.