How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

dear sir i have been disabled on social security benefits

Customer Question

dear sir i have been disabled on social security benefits for approx 12 years 3years ago my divorce was final and i rec sposal support in the state of texas. i would like to know if i would be eligable under the texas family code sec 8.057 to have spousal reinstated.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Please clarify:
you have been receiving disability benefits for 12 years?
You were divorced 3 years ago?
When was your spousal support terminated?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my court ordered spousal support last payment well be september 15th 2010 a friend of mine has helped me do a modification document to presnt to the court where my divorce was granted in dallas. i would just like a second opinion. we will be attempting this on our own. my ex husband does have the same well paying job as when we divorced. we do know we have to have him served also.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
I cannot give you a legal opinion on the sufficiency of the document. I will opt out