Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a 15 year old son, who just went back to Florida from

Customer Question
Alaska. He wanted to enroll...
I have a 15 year old son, who just went back to Florida from Alaska. He wanted to enroll into school up here because our policy is not to leave a child behind. He flunked in FL while with his mom and grandmother. That was his 2nd time flunking, is there any thing that can help me? Now he's back with them and mom got out of jail recently.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2010
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 7 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

hi

so you want custody of your son?

does she currently have full custody ?

what state is that Order from?

Yes, Yes, and it originated in NV. but I been paying Alaska Child Support since I moved back.

hi

well, you will need to file to have the custody order changed. since it was in NV and you are in Alaska and they live in FLA, you will first need to have the matter transferred to the county court where you live. it is a complicated process and not one that i would suggest you do pro se - so at some point you will need to consult with a local family law attorney

you have a very good basis for making the request and since he is not doing well in school, you could win custody. you should have all your information as to educational resources in your area, as well as information on the home environment you can provide and how this will all be in the best interest of your son. you do not want to elaborate on child support or give any indication that you feel you have been paying long enough, etc.

if you are granted custody, you will get your child support. but a court does not want to hear that a parent wants custody for any reason but for the betterment and wellbeing of the child

i suggest you contact the Alaska Bar Association for a referral service so you can get the local legal advice you will need to accomplish this correctly and timely.

here is that information and you can also consult on pro bono assistance to see if you would qualify for free or low cost legal fees.

Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law