Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I just found out that my ex-wife took my kids to Mexico (Tiajuana)

Customer Question
for a week last month...
I just found out that my ex-wife took my kids to Mexico (Tiajuana) for a week last month. They are ages 3 and 5. We were divorced in Idaho. We have joint custody and I see them for about 10 days a month. Can she do that without notifying me? I am upset because it seems to me that she was on a party vacation with a bunch of other singles and my kids were in tow. Also, Tiajuana is no place for children.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/1/2010
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.Your custody orders would control.It may be time for you to reconsider seeking custody here or court ordered limitations.I think the judge woudl agree with any request and forbid here fro leaving with the kids outside US unless she has your written consent.I would consider taking this back in front of judge.This is legitimate concern that the judge would address.She was wrong to have done this as it is not in the children's best interests.
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer