How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My minor grandchildren informed me that their Mom and Stepdad

This answer was rated:

My minor grandchildren informed me that their "Mom and Stepdad" are constantly in the garage smoking marijuana. The grandchildren (8, 10 and 12) are left to watch their baby sister who is under 2 years of age. Mom has tested positive 3+ times for drugs when children were under my gusardianship. Can I file a complaint with CPS for this - I called our local police department and they said they can not do anything about hearsay. I am in Santa Clara County, California.

You should contact child services about the problems at the house and allow them to investigate. They can get a court order to make the parents submit to drug tests, etc.


Child services can recommend that the children be taken out of the home, and they can recommend that they be placed with you on a permanent or temporary basis.

Roger and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions