How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex wife and i have joint legal custody, she has recently

Customer Question

my ex wife and i have joint legal custody, she has recently taken my kids out of state twice without my consent, and has not let me see or talk to my kids. it is stipulated in our divorce decree that neither one of us are aloud to take the kids outside of the state with the consent of the other parent. i need to know what forms to file in the state of AZ to hold her in contempt of court?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You are going to have to file an order to show cause. The clerk of court cannot give you any legal advice. Here is a listing of self help centers where you may be able to get assistance.

You can find the forms here. They will be the same statewide but you may have to change the county.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
show cause how? and i do not know exactly which form to file since there are NONE that say " motion for contempt" ? she is going against the judges orders so what do i file exactly?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

Make Someone Obey (Enforce) A Court Order for Parenting Time/Visitation

An accept for my time is always appreciated.