Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

my wife wants to end or marriage and wants half the house which…

my wife wants to end...
my wife wants to end or marriage and wants half the house which i think is unfair because i paid 90% of the bills including to upgrade the home i had a retirement plan then lost my job and used $10,000 to remodel the kitchen i purchased all the vehicles she got money from a lady she watched her and her girlfriend went to puta cuna to an island resort that was after opening her own account with her money what are the laws on the home assets i wouldnt mind some but half is not fair
6/28/2010
Roger, Attorney
The judge will divide the property equitably - which does not mean equally.

However, if you don't have an agreement regarding the capital investment into the home, your ownership interest is equal.

The reason being is that if you were paying for the house, the spouse was paying - or could have been paying - other bills.
she was not employed for many years when they would send social security paper in mail hers has zero 20 years in home she might have worked 5
Ok. Even so, unless there is a separate agreement stating that you have a different interest then 50/50, or that you will be paid out based on your investment capital, it's not going to happen that the property will be split based on the investment.
Roger, Attorney

sounds like a big fight is ahead of me not very fair thanks

It can get very hairy! You could have a big fight on your hands.
thanks again i cant say no more without privledge
Understood. Good luck.