Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

if someone gets a document notorized and a word is mispelled…

Customer Question
if someone gets a document...
if someone gets a document notorized and a word is mispelled in the document can the document be voided. he was not in the right mind frame at the time. he was fearful his wife would take the kids.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/16/2010
Family Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Michael J, Esq.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

Who is "he" and what type of document are you talking about? What word is misspelled?

Thanks,

Michael
hes a friend. his wife wants a seperation then a divorce. so she wanted a paper notorized. he was in a bad mental state at the time. she cheated on him. and said she was gonna take the kids unlessed he signed. he got scared. misspelled word is major. its states that no mayor decisons would be made without the two of them. she gets full custody. and monday wed friday and everyother weekend he gets the kids. 600 for child support.

If the intent of the word is apparent, as this one is, the misspelled word can not be used to void the contract. I'm sorry.

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael