Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

hi, i have a man that has been driving past my home a lot.

Customer Question
he knows that i am...
hi, i have a man that has been driving past my home a lot. he knows that i am not interested in being with him but he is still coming around. i used to work with him until 3 years ago when i left the co. i have ended the friendship. he is married and so am i and i am afraid my hubby is going to find out about this man. what can i do about this?
should i get a restraning order?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
6/15/2010
Family Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer

­Please Note: I receive no salary or hourly wage. I do not get paid anything at all unless you click Accept. Clicking Accept simply applies your current deposit to this question and will not result in additional charges to your credit card. If you are a monthly subscriber to JustAnswer, clicking accept does not cost you anything additional. Please respect the Honor System and click Accept when you are pleased with the quality of the response so that I am compensated for responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

If you believe the individual is stalking you, you may wish to discuss the matter with law enforcement. Stalking is a class 4 felony and the individual may be charged with a crime if his conduct is determined to be stalking. You can read the stalking statute at the link below.

A restraining order can prohibit such conduct, as well as other contact. You may wish to pursue such an order. An individual may file for a restraining order at the local Clerk of Court's Office, though it's often prudent to retain an attorney to assist you with the matter. You can read about restraining orders at the link below.

IL Stalking Statute
http://12.43.67.2/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K12-7.3

IL Restraining Orders
http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?statelaw_name=Restraining%20Orders&state_code=IL

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does
not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Sincerely,
T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at
Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).