How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i gave my son father part time custody which in the state of

Resolved Question:

i gave my son father part time custody which in the state of tn means i still have rights to my son i never signed off rights and the father never proved me to be unfit, therefore the father is supposed to notify the courts before leaving state correct? if i'm right is there anything i can do even though i'm not in the state of tn either?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Unless there is a court order requiring the father to notify you if he leaves the state with the child, he does not have to.


A parent has absolute rights to his/her child and can take the child wherever he/she pleases so long as a court order doesn't say otherwise.

Roger and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions