How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband fled the country and now I want to divorce him.

Customer Question

My husband fled the country and now I want to divorce him. Since he's not around to get served with papers, how can I divorce him and can I do it myself without having to use an attorney? What are the steps I have to take? I am in PA, Lehigh County. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ;)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

You can still do it. Do you know where he is at all, or no?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have an idea where he may be but I'm not 100%. So the answer is "no" I don't know where he is.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I apologize, I forgot to mention that we have been seperated for alittle over 15 yrs. When we were together we were living in New York City, NY. He was incarcerated Rucker's Island and deported to Dominican Republic. Where he was never heard from ever since.