How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

seven and half years ago i lived with a man that ran up all

Resolved Question:

seven and half years ago i lived with a man that ran up all my credit cards and many otherbill..; my bank account,and a lot of other thing that i had to let my home go back that i had to leave the state that i lived in and go live with my son. at that time i was told that i am dypolar.i receive ssi i am nhow getting letters from collecation co. please tell me what i need to do
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately the only options you have regarding valid debt is to either pay the debt by working out a repayment plan with the company or file for bankruptcy. Keep in mind that certain income is protected from creditors. All Social Security income is protected from creditors as well as most pensions so if the creditor obtains a judgment against you they can attach a lien to any property you may own as well as garnish your wages if you work.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions