Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

seven and half years ago i lived with a man that ran up all

seven and half years ago i lived with a man that ran up all my credit cards and many otherbill..; my bank account,and a lot of other thing that i had to let my home go back that i had to leave the state that i lived in and go live with my son. at that time i was told that i am dypolar.i receive ssi i am nhow getting letters from collecation co. please tell me what i need to do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately the only options you have regarding valid debt is to either pay the debt by working out a repayment plan with the company or file for bankruptcy. Keep in mind that certain income is protected from creditors. All Social Security income is protected from creditors as well as most pensions so if the creditor obtains a judgment against you they can attach a lien to any property you may own as well as garnish your wages if you work.