How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband and I have been divorced for 5 months now. 10

Resolved Question:

My ex husband and I have been divorced for 5 months now. 10 years ago I was giving land from my father for my ex husband and I to put a home on (double wide) ^ years ago my ex husband went and refinanced home I am no where on 2nd mortgage but I am on land. When he left he left me in such a shock that I have been a basket case until now. Well I was giving the house as long as I pay for it, I did not get any of his retirement. We were married 20 years. Well my problem is now I realize I can't afford trailor but it is in the papers that if I get 2 months behind he can take. How can I keep my land? He combined the land with trailor in divorce,but again not in refinancing. Should or could I take him to court or what should I do? I can't loose my familys land that was paid for.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately the divorce order will control what you can and can not do. If the divorce judge stated that if you fall behind then he can take the house and land then that is within his legal right. If the divorce judge was not clear then you can take your ex back to court to seek a clear understanding but based upon what you have shared with me, the land is part of the same deal. I'm Sorry.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you