How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, Ive been paying alimony faithfully for over 6 years

Resolved Question:

Hello, I've been paying alimony faithfully for over 6 years but recently lost my job of over 20 years. The last few months have been tough to make the payments, what are my options?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You may file for modification to your alimony/spousal support payments based upon a change in financial circumstances. Typically spousal support may be modified based upon a change in the finances of either party
Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you