How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In washington state what is the age that a child can make a

Customer Question

In washington state what is the age that a child can make a decision about if they want to continue visitation with the other parent in a divorce? Also can a 13 year old make a decision leagally ( under doctor's care) to not take concerta for ADHD ( especially when it is a very low dose to begin with.)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Once a child turns 18, (s)he has the right to make a determination to continue visitation with a parent and not before that age. Also the child can not make personal medical decision until turning 18.
Daniel Solutions and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, so if the teen really feels strongly about not taking the medication, because it causes him to not feel hungry and he wants to gain weight, what is the options he has to go off the meds? What if one parent wants to support his decision(residental divorced parent), and the other doesn't? Also a teen who doesn't want to visit the other parent anymore, what is their options?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately the residential parent has the final decision over the issue.

If the other parent doesn't agree the option is to file a petition in court seeking a

court order giving the nonresidential parent. The teen has no legal authority to control. My prior answer is still correct.