How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35003
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a question about Colorado state law on child support.

Resolved Question:

I had a question about Colorado state law on child support.

My EX wife keeps coming to me about extra expenses, like flute rentals/purching the flute, travel expenses to the doctor,parking. My daughter is a Diabetic and my Ex wants her to go from classic testing supplys to the diabetic pump. Am I Liable for travel,parking,flute purches and the pump? I pay $400.00 a month not court orderd because we were never married.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you verify there is no court order for support? Is mom threatening to take you to court?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no court order for support and no she is not threatening court. I just want to know if I can tell her no!! live with the $400.00 and no more $$$$$$ from me
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you can.

If there is no court order you have no obligation to pay anything.

Now, that said, if mom takes this to court and establishes paternity she COULD get a court you want to take that into consideration when you negotiate with her. But to answer your question, no, there is no requirement for you to pay anything unless or until there is a court order in place.
P. Simmons and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you