How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i havent taken my ex back to court since our divorce,and that

Resolved Question:

i havent taken my ex back to court since our divorce,and that has been almost 15yrs.and i was wandering if i can take him back.our oldest daughter is 20yr.and the youngest is 16yrs.he also suppose th have insurance on youngest and recently let that im trying to see what i can do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - If you have a court order that he is supposed to pay for insurance or child support or anything else you can certainly file a motion for contempt if he doesn't pay. I would assume the child support has ended for the 20 yr old but you can ask for an increase for the 15 year old if there is a change in income levels from 15 years ago which I assume there is.


You would file your motion in the court that issued the order for support. If there is any support that has not been paid you can also file a motion for contempt for non payment of that amount.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you