How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance has an ex-husband who has accused me of molesting

Customer Question

My fiance has an ex-husband who has accused me of molesting there two youngest children 4 years ago ( The case was closed in the state of WA. due to lack of proof and evidence ). He has told her via e-mail that he is going to move to Kansas City MO. and have all of the records transferd and try to open the case aginst me there. My question is can he reopen a case that has been closed and would any of the courts in Mo. take on the case from another state when nothing ever happend and would they even bother looking at any of the paper work that her ex-husband supposedly has.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Dear rebe,


Thank you for your question and I look forward to working on your answer. Also, it is important to know that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know, unless you describe it fully. Also, because you are at this site, you are asking me the question because you want the legal facts, as I see them, even if unfavorable to your situation from a legal perspective. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if I ask a redundant question.


That being said, if you would like me to work on an answer for you, and in order to better assist you, could you please clarify for me, in numbered answers if I ask more than one question:


1. Were you ever prosecuted by the State of WA?

2. Are you in Idaho now and is he planning on going to MO?

3. Where do the kids live?


I look forward to getting to work on this for you. Hang in there! (Please note that I will be in and out this holiday weekend, so I appreciate your patience as we memorialize our fellow Americans that died keeping us free. I will be back, rest assured.)





S. Joy, Legal Expert


Please note: I do not provide legal advice, only legal information; I do not legally represent any JA members, visitors or customers. We do not and will not enjoy an attorney/client relationship. Further communication with me here is an acceptance of this and any information provided by me is with the understanding that you comprehend this and agree.


At times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back the next day, so never fear.