How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dkennedy Your Own Question
dkennedy, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Experience:  JD Degree, Social Service Experience, Child Support Officer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
dkennedy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My children 7 and 10 ibelieve suffer from parent alienation,

Customer Question

My children 7 and 10< ibelieve suffer from parent alienation, there mother hates me and brainwashes the children against me. She tried to get my visitations reduced in '08, but judge decided to give me extended visitations. Now she is taking me back to court to do the same, I think she is going to used the kids to speak against me. I am a good father, pay child support and visit them every chance I get. What can I do? Why do I have to spend my savings for them to battle in court?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
dkennedy :

Hello, I doubt that the judge will even listen to the children in court. Most of them do not. If her plan did not work last time, it most likely will not work this time, either. The past records will all be there for the judge to see. And, you have been visiting and taking the children to counseling. Why could the court think they should reduce the visitation? She must have some reason she stated which is a change, in order to get this back into court.