How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband divorced me 1 1/2 yrs ago ...i couldnt afford a

Customer Question

my husband divorced me 1 1/2 yrs ago ...i couldnt afford a lawyer can i take him back to cort on the divorcei am in wash state
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.
Why do you wish to have a court review the matter again?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
becouse he took me off the ins i am a heart patient and i need the ins i had to quit on of my pills cuz i cant afford it and i trusted him with the divorce and he played me for the fool i am he ended up with everything i now live in a 33 ft 5th wheel his son got my car it has taken all this time for me to get back on my feet and now he is taken me to court to sign a guitclam on the house so he can refinance it he has alot more money than i do and he has gotten it all
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.

Please Note: I receive no salary or hourly wage. I do not get paid anything at all unless you click Accept. Clicking Accept simply applies your current deposit to this question and will not result in additional charges to your credit card. If you are a monthly subscriber to JustAnswer, clicking accept does not cost you anything additional. Please click Accept when you are pleased with the quality of the response so that I am compensated for responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

Typically, if an individual wishes to contest a settlement, she should do so during the divorce. For individuals who cannot afford attorneys, legal aid services are often available. Further, the court can require the other spouse to pay for a spouse's attorney when the spouse cannot afford to do so herself. Unfortunately, an unfair settlement, by itself, isn't typically sufficient to open the matter back up.

That said, you'll want to take this to your attorney, as you have a great deal at stake. If you can show that there was fraud, duress, or undue influence, there may be a chance of having the settlement vacated.

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does
not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.



Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).