How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  College Instructor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are seperating, she refuses to let me see my

Resolved Question:

My wife and I are seperating, she refuses to let me see my son. Nothing is official yet and we haven't started with the paperwork or anything but is there a way for me to visit my son?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
You can get a temporary custody Order that can order visitation for your son while you're in a separation or in a process of divorce. You do have to go to your local court to the Family law division and ask them for a Temporary Custody order. I would urge you to get an attorney to work on this for you as this may be a very long and difficult process if your wife is not cooperating. However, she cannot keep you from seeing your son. In addition, however, you may also be ordered to pay temporary child support in the meantime.
Teacher Editor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions