How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i find out when my mother or father first filled for

This answer was rated:

How do i find out when my mother or father first filled for divorce. The years it happened were between 1960 and 1970. I know the date of the divorce was march of 1970. I understand that back then it took longer to get divorced, but it is important to me to know when the papers were first filed.

Thank your for asking Just Answer,


You are not going to find information online. You will have to go to clerk's office at the courthouse where the divorce was granted and obtain a copy from their record storage or microfilm. The cost should be very small.


Please click Accept so that I receive credit for my response.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I have file #'s can the info be requested on-line through the clerk of courts? I live in North Carolina and the divorce was filed in Cleveland, OH. If I don't have the # XXXXX how can I get it from here at least expense?

You will not be able to get any information online. You will likely be able to get the file number and possibly they will copy the file for you if you are nice. Here is the contact information with Cuyahoga County Clerk.


General Information(NNN) NNN-NNNN

John Domestic and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions