Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is it possible to transfer a CPS case to another State

Is it possible to transfer a CPS case to another State?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Yes it is. Can you tell me the circumstances of why you want to do this? And what is in the order - support and custody or just support?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, I had consulted with you previously about my case with my daughter who ran away frrom CPS custody. I got her married and they still won't honor that, The County where CPS took temporary custody is being beyond unfair and my daughter returned out of state to where we used to live. I know CPS up there and they wouldn't treat us like this, that is why I ask.
Oh hi, I did not realize it was you. So did they challenge the marriage?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are still sending the police here looking for her and if they find her they will arrest her.
You can't transfer the CPS case to another state unless all parties that are subject to it now live outside said state, sorry. :\

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, I'm planning on moving back there - as well as her husband - I just don't want them to extradite her.
In your position, as long as one person is in the state, the CPS case will remain there, though.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No problem!!!

Thanks
God luck :)