How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my wife wants divorce simply because she is not happy with

Resolved Question:

my wife wants divorce simply because she is not happy with me. she has been acusing me for psychological abuse which i don't understand how. I always avoid arguements and keep away from her if she is in the mood of arguements. I discovered that she has a secret affair with other man. we have three kids. i don't want divorce because it is not in the best interest for my kids. we both live together and takes care of our kids well. can she file the divorce without any solid ground. If she does, i will contest. I need your advise.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
infact she stays away from home most of the time and usually comes late at night.

Then you need to wake up and smell the cologne, the one from her lover. She can file for a divorce and it will be awarded whether you agree or not. What you need to do is to get a private detective and have it confirmed. While it states that alimony will be awarded regardless of fault it will have a bearing nevertheless.

Here is the referral site for you to find an attorney and you need to do it Monday

Usually there will be a settlement agreement negotiated and you will be in a stronger position with proof of the adultery.
lwpat and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you