How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cedric Your Own Question
Cedric, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  Representation of Clients in Family Courts for Criminal and Civil Matters for several years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Cedric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our daughter attended A Christian College and she is 18. She

Customer Question

Our daughter attended A Christian College and she is 18. She was pressured by Junior Pastor who was 21 and put in a position of authority over here. My Husband wants to press charges even though she states that in her word's it was somewhat concentual.

We addressed this with the Church Pastor but he stated that there was nothing we could do about it. What are our legal options here in Idaho
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, you can't do anything if she doesn't want to press charges for non-consensual sexual intercourse against the pastor.

Since she was 18 at the time, there is no statutory rape violation and she is technically an adult, so it's her decision, and hers alone, whether she wants to file a police report and press charges against the Church Pastor.

Sorry, wish I had better information for you.

Related Family Law Questions