How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cedric Your Own Question
Cedric, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  Representation of Clients in Family Courts for Criminal and Civil Matters for several years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Cedric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 53 american. I married at 18. He is a resident of u.s.a

Resolved Question:

I am 53 american. I married at 18. He is a resident of u.s.a though me . I had no other relationships, he was the first . Now he is 55. The past 4 years he had an affair with a mexican citizen. Webuild a big house in mexico and he secretly brought several properties . He saids that I can't get nothing in mexico. We have being married for 35 years in the u.s.a. Is this true?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 7 years ago.
No, that's not true, property owned by either spouse, whether owned in another country or the United States can be subject to division (either equitable division in a non-community property state) or subject to 50/50 percent division if you live in a community property state, such as California.
Cedric and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you