How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

could my ex husband get full custody of my 2 kids if I am pregnant

Customer Question

could my ex husband get full custody of my 2 kids if I am pregnant with my fiance's child. We live together right now but I want to break it off and be single with the 2 kids and the child on the way. My ex husband keeps threatening to take them. Will this give him rights to get full custody? He is in the military and alcoholic. He doesn't know I am pregnant yet.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.



You previously asked me this same question in a different way. Are you asking for a different response from someone else or are you just seeking reassurance?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am asking for reassurance because I am scared. I have always been there for this guys. They are my life and I am trying to do what I feel is best for them and my self and now the unborn child. Thank you
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I can appreaciate your fear. Since you are divorced, you can live with whomever you wish so long as that person is not a danger or harm to the children. Regarding being pregnant, you can have the baby of anyone so long as the new baby does not significantly affect your ability to care for the current children. If you have a drug problem or neglect the children then the judge would consider those as possible factors to change custody. However, living with someone to which you're not married is not a crime and having another baby is not a crime.