How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Ex has been convicted of contempt for non payment of spousal

Resolved Question:

My Ex has been convicted of contempt for non payment of spousal support, and been ordered to pay 40% percent of his gross earnings. He has now filed an osc to modify spousal support. All support is in the form of arrearages Not paid already. Since he filed the osc, he did not pay the ordered amount. What do I do? and Can he file an osc for reduction of support when the order is a standing contempt probation order? is there any case law simular to this circumstance?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
An osc is an order to show cause, not a request for a modification?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He is stating hardship in paying the amount ordered in the contempt. He makes 135,000 a year, and 40% is to go to me as per the contempt conviction. Can he modify the amount he has been ordered to pay?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Then what he has done is either filed for a reconsideration of the order or an appeal. He can ask for a modification of the amount of his income that he has to pay but he cannot modify the amount of the arrears. Does that answer your question?
lwpat and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you