How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33918
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

son turned 18 moved in with bioogical father. he was going

Resolved Question:

son turned 18 moved in with bioogical father. he was going to night school but hasnt since he moved in. just found a letter on my door that his father now wants to recieve child support from me. i thought it stopped at 18? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks. (not so happy mom indiana)
Submitted: 7 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 years ago.
Child support traditionally continues until the age of 18 or graduation from high school, whichever is later. There has been a tendency for courts to expand that time to 21 if the child is in college.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you