How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

me and my ex have been married five years. we separated almost

Customer Question

me and my ex have been married five years. we separated almost one year ago. she filed back in january. i was served on march 18 2010. i was served with summons, dissolution of marriage, her income expense, her declaration and o.s.c. i responded to dissolution we both agree on the divorce, but she filed sole legal custody of our five year old daughter. i live in los angeles california. i filed income and expense dissolution of marriage and proof of service. i want joint legal custody. can you possibly tell me what forms to file. i feel her attorney is asking for to much info from me.i dont have an attorney. can you tell me what family law forms thank you much.....
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

I really can't tell exactly what you have and have not filed. She has a right to request your information and you also have the right to request the same information from her. If she has an attorney and you are contesting something, then you also need an attorney. If you do not properly file then that issue will not be before the court. At this stage I am going to send you to the CA self help page. You should have already found this site. Take the time to read through the information and then I can assist with specific questions.


When you responded did you use a standard form?

Did you indicate that custody was contested?

An accept for my time is always appreciated and does not terminate my responses.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can i give you my los angeles superior court case number XXXXX you can view what her attorney filed also what i have filed. i never got anything in the mail from family mediation ive gotten two continuences for mediation one for the court hearing all papers of continuance were from my wifes attorney. my ex also filed a written statement why she she should have sole legal custody. does that sound out of the ordinary. and do i file a response to that. if so what should i address. you can view our case summary at then click on case summary. case number XXXXX ed042277 m. king vs. n king
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Sorry but that is not allowed by the rules of this site. For that you need to retain a local attorney. You can file a statement as to why there should be joint custody.

Related Family Law Questions