How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson just got married and he wife has alittle boy. Whenhe

Resolved Question:

My grandson just got married and he wife has alittle boy. Whenhe was born she but know name under father she didnt want and the father said not to use his name. My grand son wants to adopt him does he have to do anthing except fill out papers and take to a judge. Since there is no faather on the birth certificate.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

Hello there:


if the biological father is known, the biological father will have to be informed of the adoption, even though his name is XXXXX XXXXX the birth certificate. Also, as part of the adoption process, your grandson will have to be evaluated by a court investigator to make sure that he can give the child a good home. Other than that, everything else is just getting approval by the court.


Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.

Brandon M. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions