How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amber E. Your Own Question
Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1482
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Amber E. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a summons for non payment of child support,However I am not behind an

Resolved Question:

I received a summons for non payment of child support,However I am not behind and DOR confirmed this with me also attorney's fees as well .I sent plantiffs Attorney all the paperwork from Dor stating I was up to date and not behind or even any back payments .
How can they do this ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Amber E. replied 7 years ago.
Anyone can file and ask for anything, but that doesn't mean that they will get what they are asking for. What you may want to do is file a response (an Answer) with the court and attach that paperwork with your response as exhibits; and, also, request that plaintiff be made to pay your court costs and filing fees.

Sending the papers to plaintiff's attorney does you no good at all, because that lawyer does not work for you and is not going to do anything that is in your interests. You definitely want to attend any scheduled court date and bring your documents with you.
Amber E. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions