Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my husband just found out DNA results that says he is a father

Customer Question
after believing he was sterile...
my husband just found out DNA results that says he is a father after believing he was sterile for 26 yrs...besides child support for this child what other support will he be expected to give the mother that has accused him of paturnity?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2010
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

If they prove paternity, they can ask for support...but that is it...mom can get support for the child and can ask for "back support"-though this is not generally granted.

There is no other support that can be awarded if dad was not married to mom.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
P. Simmons, Lawyer